Thursday, January 24, 2019

Encouraging Students to Be Literate

It is alpha for teachers to cause students to develop literate lives both in the schoolroom and in society. For just somewhat children the desire and importance of literacy is not instilled within the home so teachers need to be prepared to handle this job on their own. In my opinion students need to find out the importance of being literate. They need to translate that reading, writing, auditory modality and speaking are essential to functioning in society. normal our lives revolve around our literacy. It seems nearly impossible to live a practicable and successful life as an illiterate individual.If students do not understand the signifi clearce of literacy they may not aspire to aim literate. In my classroom I stress the importance of literacy and hand over to make my students think slightly the future. Aside from stressing the importance of literacy, I too use strategies to help motivate my students to literate. Many of these strategies and ideas were discussed in o ur textbook and I touch sensation they are beneficial in motivating students to become literate citizens. One way I motivate my students is through modeling. I try to modeling that literacy can be pleasurable and it does not have to be a painful and labored activity.Students need to see that I enjoy reading and writing. I also model good reading and writing strategies. It only makes sense that the more than my students see and hear me read the more they will want to try it themselves. I can model literacy through read-alouds and other activities. It is also consequential that students are given real-life experiences. I try to find real reasons for students to write. sometimes students need to feel a significance to their reading and writing. Are they in effect(p) constantly writing just to write or is there a purpose?I ask myself that question frequently. I try to acquire writing assignments that are meaningful Students can write thank you separate, Christmas cards and etc. I also feel that technology can be an significant piece in motivating students. Some reluctant writers can type out their papers rather then write it out. For some students this is a huge motivator. Using the computer and not worrying about hand-writing can be exciting and relieving for some children. I have use this within my classroom and found it helpful for many students. It is also important to tress here that technology is large part of society at once so students should be given the opportunity to express their abilities through technology. run but not least, Id like to stress the importance to selecting activities that are meaningful, agreeable and challenging. Too many times I hear and see students listening to a teacher explain something and then students complete endless worksheets. In my opinion this does not motivate and encourage students to become literate individuals. This tells students that literacy is obtuse in irrelevant. Teachers need to design lessons that have meaning to the students.There needs to be some background knowledge and relationship to the student. Lessons should also be pursue and interactive. Students should be able to participate through discussions, think-pair-share, concept maps and other activities that come along thinking and learning. Activities should be challenging but not too challenging. They should petition thinking but not too stressful. I like my students to feel success when doing activities. The feeling of success builds confidence. It just seems that when one is confident in their literacy abilities they will be more willing to practice and grow to become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment